Adult Swimming Lessons
Discover why swimming is for you
Adult Swimming Lessons
Adult lessons are available for all abilities whether you have a fear of the water, haven’t been swimming since school or if you want to refine your technique ready for an event, we have something for everyone! Enquire here
Being able to swim can be a life saving skill that makes sure you enjoy everything that the water has to offer. Our adult swim lesson are available on a group basis, or through 1-2-1 teaching, giving you social support, or private tuition. But, aside from being an essential life skill, why should you learn to swim?
- Improves heart health. Swimming on a regular basis makes your heart stronger, larger and improves your cardiovascular health and endurance. It will also lower your blood pressure, improve your circulation and help reduce the risk of heart and lung disease.
- Gentle on the joints. Because swimming is not weight-bearing, it’s easy on the joints for those who suffer from joint pain and discomfort. It’s a full-body workout that keeps the pressure off your hips, knees and spine.
- Reduces the risk of osteoporosis. Swimming can improve bone mineral density (BMD), which will help fight osteoporosis. This is very important especially for women; a third of women over the age of 50 and a fifth of men experience a bone fracture due to osteoporosis.
- Increases flexibility. While stretching before and after exercising is a sure way to regain flexibility, the act of swimming itself can also help increase your flexibility in your hips, legs, arms and neck. It can also help improve your posture and alleviate back pain.
- Improve muscle strength and tone. Every time you move in the water, you’re putting every muscle group to work. Swimming is a great form of resistance training and can help improve your muscle strength- and you’ll also see long, lean muscle tone forming the more you do it!
- Boosts mental health. Because swimming can be a social activity, you’ll avoid the feelings of social isolation and loneliness that can lead to depression in people of all ages.
- Stress management. Swimming is a great way to reduce your stress levels, boost your mood, and increase your brain function.
- Enjoy family time. When the whole family can swim, you can enjoy being together in the water and have fun, all while staying active. With swimming being such an accessible sport, it means that even the youngest to the oldest members of the family can join in!
Find out more, or sign up to our adult swimming lesson programme using the link below.