Learn a new skill
National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
(NPLQ) NPLQ is widely accepted by swimming pools in the UK and Ireland as a minimum qualification as a role of a lifeguard within the swimming pool.
The NPLQ course includes 3 sections:
- Section 1 - The lifeguard and the Law, Swimming Pool and Supervision
- Section 2 - Intervention and Rescue and Emergency Action Plans
- Section 3 - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid.
- Section 4 - AED The course includes swimming pool rescue skills, basic life support, basic First Aid, managing a casualty suffering from a spinal injury, managing a swimming pool environment, identifying hazards that could cause harm to users and much more.
Every candidate attending a NPLQ course must be 16-years-old at the time of taking the NPLQ final assessment and be able to:
- Jump/dive into deep water Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds.
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water.
- Tread water for 30 seconds Surface dive to the floor of the pool.
- Climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design allows.
For more information regarding National Pool lifeguard qualification courses and to find out when the next one is please email email@example.com