Tenpin bowling FAQs
Find out more about bowling restarting
What has changed?
We have been working really hard to ensure our cleaning, social distancing and coaching measures provide a safe environment for you and our staff at Farnborough Bowl. As a result, some differences you may see are:
- All activities in our centre will operate in sessions and must be booked. This will help us control the number of people on site, which means we ensure a safe distance between our visitors.
- Between all sessions, we have factored in a 15 minute changeover period to allow for you to exit your session safely and for our teams to clean the facilities. Tenpin bowling sessions will last 60 minutes, unless during our unlimited session on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings.
- Not all facilities will be open at our centre. We have decided to only open facilities where we can ensure your and our team's safety. Currently, our bar seating area and games arcade remain closed. Takeaway will be available.
- We are unable to sell alcoholic drinks at this time but do have a selection of non-alcoholic hot and cold drinks. You can find out more about the facilities available below.
- You may notice some differences in our centre's reception area. We will have plastic screens set up at reception kiosks to protect you and our team. We will also have markers on the floor and around the centre to guide you safely - we ask that you follow these to keep yourself and others safe. We will have signage around the centre to help you with this.
- Sanitising spray and wipes will be provided around the centre for use on equipment. Our teams will ensure that these are monitored and replenished where required.
- Following Government guidelines, customers must wear face coverings/masks while in the bowling alley.
How do I book?
Now isn’t the time to be standing in a queue, so we advise to book your lane in advance. Payment will be taken at time of booking. Although it’s a little different from simply turning up, it is the best way for you to plan and know with certainty that a lane is available. It means we can control the footfall in key areas as well as the centre as a whole; we have a large centre so this is key to maintaining social distancing. Plus, it saves our teams handling cash. You can book your lane by calling 01252 554046. Prices for sessions can be found here.
After your session has ended, we ask that you leave the centre to ensure our total visitor count remains safe.
What happens when I arrive?
Following Government guidelines customers must wear face coverings/masks while in the bowling alley.
Please arrive no more 10 minutes before your scheduled session. If you arrive really early, please consider waiting in your car or you may be asked to wait outside the centre.
If you are paying for a session or purchasing from our bar to takeaway, we ask that you use contactless payments where possible.
You’ll find supplies of hand sanitiser and wipes available in reception and throughout the centre and we ask that you use these during your session.
To aid the safe flow of people around the centre, we have introduced one-way systems in places or used alternative entrances/exits, so your route around the centre may be different to normal. Our new signage will guide you.
What will the bowling session be like?
To provide the best service to you, our bookings are in 60 minute sessions. Each session can facilitate up to 5 people. All bowlers must be in their social bubble. Any visitors under 8 years old must be supervised by a parent or adult (16+) at all times.
Our unlimited sessions on Friday and Saturday evenings are 4 hour sessions and 2 hours on Sunday evenings. These sessions are for up to 6 people.
Between each hour session, we allow 15 minutes to clean the area before the next session starts.
Customers can wear their own shoes providing they are flat soled and closed toed (ideally trainers). In case of wet weather, we encourage customers to bring spare shoes with them.
We have closed off every other lane to ensure that social distancing is followed.
All booking are non-refundable but can be transferred at the Managers discretion.
We’ve missed you and we can’t wait to welcome you back to Farnborough Bowl when you feel ready.
We’ve put a lot of changes in place, with tiny details beyond what we’ve shared here, but our new safety process is at its best when we all play a part. Aside from respecting Government guidelines, we ask that you look out for each other. If you feel unwell, please stay home and stay safe. Likewise, if you have travelled recently to a country that requires you to self-isolate for 14 days, we ask that you do not visit a centre before this period has ended. For guidance on travel and self-isolating, please visit the Government's website. If you have any concerns about visiting that you would like to discuss, the team at your local centre will be happy to help and support you.
Following Government guidelines customers must use face coverings/masks throughout the bowling alley. Thank you for your co-operation.
It’s your centre and we value your feedback. Our best chance of putting something right is during your visit - our teams are happy to hear what more we can do to make the environment the best and most reassuring it can be.