Learn a new skill
Our courses are a brilliant way to learn valuable skills and even explore a new career path.
Find out more about the courses we're running at our centres. If you have any questions, please contact the centre hosting the course.
National Pool Lifeguard Qualification - Parish Wharf Leisure Centre
Dates: Monday 26th October 2020 - Saturday 31st October 2020 (exam Sunday 1st November - TBC)
Times: The days will start at 08:30am and finish around 5:00pm.
Cost: The cost of the course is £250, which will need to be paid before the start of the course.
You must be over 16 years old to join the course.
The course is broken down into three sections:
- Lifeguarding and the law: Understand the importance of why we have lifeguards.
- Proactive rescues and Emergency action plan: This will be wet side part of the course, where you'll practice your rescues.
- First aid and CPR: This will take you through all your CPR and AED training. We'll aslso cover how to recognise and treat casualties.
The course requires 100% attendance.
Candidates will need to successfully complete a pre-course assessment on Sunday 25th October 2020 at 09:00am - 10:00am where you will have to:
- Swim 4 lengths on your front and 4 on your back
- Swim two lengths in under 60 seconds
- Dive to the bottom of the pool (1.8m)
- Dive or jump into the pool
- Tread water for 60 seconds
Please bring a T-Shirt and shorts for entering the water.
Contact: Ollie Hampson (email@example.com)