These low-calorie pancakes are a great option for breakfast. Top with blueberries and banana for extra vitamins and nutrients. A great pre-workout treat! Best to eat 30-60 mins prior to your workout.
Ingredients (makes 8)
- 125g/4½oz wholemeal plain flour
- 300ml/½ pint skimmed milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 free-range egg
- low-calorie cooking spray
- blueberries (or other berries of your choice)
- 1 banana
Photo by nikldn on Unsplash
- Sieve the flour into a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together the milk, oil and egg, then gradually add to the flour until you have a smooth batter. Leave to stand for about 20 minutes, then stir.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with the cooking spray. When hot, add 2 tablespoons of the batter and move the pan to form a pancake to your desired size and thickness. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the underside is lightly browned, then flip and cook for a further minute to brown the other side.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture, keeping the pancakes warm while you cook. Top the pancakes with the blueberries and banana, then serve.