Are you an existing member or looking to become one? We offer a range of membership options, based on your activity needs and how long you wish to commit for.
Here’s a few made simple.
Great for flexibility: Flexi memberships
- Take it one month at a time with a rolling contract that you can cancel at a month’s notice.
Great for savings and those looking to commit.
- 12-month Direct Debit memberships: minimum commitment is 12 months, and your contract rolls on monthly until you cancel.
- Upfront annual memberships: Pay for a year in advance and we’ll get in touch towards the end of the 12 months to help you renew.
Great for occasional use or simply trying an activity: Places Membership
- Pay As You Move (for each individual session) and still benefit from 7 days’ advanced booking rights for classes, etc.
Please note that a number of these membership options are site/facility specific.
Where can I see my current agreement?
Existing members can view their terms and conditions. Simply click here to log-in to our member area.
What is a minimum term contract? What’s my commitment when I sign a contract?
With the exception of our ‘Pay as you Move’ Places Membership, our monthly memberships are based on some form of contractual commitment from you. All require cancelling except for the Upfront Annual memberships.
We’re aware that activity habits and life can change, so we aim to be as flexible as possible. See next questions!
Is there a cooling off period?
Yes, it’s 14 days – and runs from the day you join us. So, if you change your mind in the first 2 weeks of joining, you can cancel your membership.
Can I freeze my membership?
Yes! A membership freeze is perfect for short-term activity breaks (personal choice, temporary relocation, injury, etc). Here’s a few things that will help;
- We charge £5 per month to freeze your membership, unless it is for specific reasons, including injury, pregnancy, religious reasons, temporary relocation, redundancy. For some of these we’ll ask for proof in these instances.
- Freezes run for a month, however if you need to return earlier just let us know, and we’ll pro rata the time.
- Suspensions are limited to a maximum of 6 months in any 12-month period.
- You cannot suspend during your minimum term (see above).
For our annual members who pay upfront for the year we don’t charge a fee for freezing; we simply add a month onto the end of the year’s membership. That keeps it nice and simple.
My circumstances have changed. How can you help?
We’re flexible and understand that things change. Below are examples where we can waive your minimum term. We will just ask for proof.
- If you move to an area which is 15 miles or greater from the Centre you joined.
- If you lose your employment and are subsequently unable to keep up your repayments.
- If you develop a medical condition that prevents you from using the services on an ongoing basis.
- If you become pregnant.
I’m thinking about cancelling…
We’d hate to see you go and hope this isn’t the end of your activity journey. Popular reasons for cancelling are often that you aren’t hitting your goals, and that maybe it isn’t fun anymore. We think that’s our responsibility, and if that’s the case we’d love for you to talk to the teams first.
If you’re moving away – why not look at our other centres and transfer your membership? https://www.placesleisure.org/find-centre/
How do I move to another membership?
Simply contact the team at one of our centres.
How do I freeze or cancel my membership?
Assuming you have fulfilled your minimum term you can freeze or cancel your membership via your membership account
Simply click here to log in or contact our dedicated team by
Opening Hours Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm
Saturday 9am – 12pm.
All cancellations are moved to our Places Membership, which gives you Pay As You Move access to all our centres. Prices are available on the timetables on the website. At any point you wish to re-join, simply ask the team or join on-line, with the email address you used originally.